Mission and Vision of the Media Center
Mission Statement: Wallburg Media Center strives to develop lifelong readers, productive citizens and effective users of information.
School library media programs are integral to student achievement. They provide all students and staff members with equitable and timely access to ideas and information.
We envision a learning environment that allows free and open access to information and technology, as well as a space where learning, collaboration, and the sharing of ideas are not only welcome, but also evident to all who use our media center.
The library media program:
- is essential to learning and teaching and must be fully integrated into the curriculum to promote students' achievement of learning goals.
- models and promotes collaborative planning and curriculum development.
- models and promotes creative, effective, and collaborative teaching.
- access to the full range of informaiton resources and services.
- encourages and engages students in reading, viewing, and listening for understanding and enjoyment.
- supports the learning of all students.
- fosters individual and collaborative inquiry.
- integrates the uses of technology for learning and teaching.
- is an essential link to the larger learning community.