Hi, Everyone! Welcome back to another amazing school year at Wallburg Elementary! We are excited to start what we know will be a WONDERFUL year of learning and fun!
Please read the following precautions we are implementing to keep our school and students safe!
- Mask are optional for students and staff. There will NOT be any temperature check prior to school and we will not require the COVID screening form.
- We will maintain as much social distancing as possible. We will strive to get 3 to 6 feet of separation in the classroom. We will eat lunch in the classroom for at least the first nine weeks.
- We will enforce numerous handwashing events during the day. Hand sanitizers will be in every classroom and throughout the building.
- We will conduct daily cleaning of classroom surfaces and all public surfaces.
- We will have two seperate open house nights to limit the number of visitors. The 1st and 2nd grade night is Wednesday and 3-4-5 night is Thursday, both are 3 pm to 6pm. Kindergarten is a schedule during the day on Thursday, check your letter for your time. Additionally we ask that you limit who comes to the open house to just the parents of the child. We love your extended families, but we want to be as safe as possible.
- Also, visitors will not be allowed for the first quarter of the school year for the safety of the students, staff, and parents. This includes visiting at lunch and volunteering. A decision will be made after the first quarter on allowing visitors to the school building.
An additional message from Mr. Sparks:
Another challenge has been an increase in enrollment. Just last week we had to add another teacher and create a kindergarten - 1st grade combo. Also, we are waiting approval to hire an additional 4th grade teacher. This has and will change teacher assignments. Please be patient with us.
If you have a question on the assignment, Please email Mr. Sparks and he will contact you as soon as possible!