*Red Ribbon Week is from Monday, October 23rd - Friday, October 27th*
The idea behind Red Ribbon Week is to inspire kids to come together and take a united stance against negative influences like bullying and drugs.
The theme of Red Ribbon Week is:
"Don't Stand By,
Bullying and Drugs"
To encourage participation in this campaign we are having a poster contest for each grade level, giving out bookmarks with inspirational messages, and having students dress up each day, with a freeze pop party going to the class with the most participation. There will be one class winner for grades K-2 and 3-5.
POSTER CONTEST INFO: The contest has been created to provide students with an opportunity to exercise their creativity while demonstrating a united stand against bullying and drugs. All entries will be hung around the school to show students, parents, teachers, and our community that Wallburg Elementary is taking a stand! Prizes will be awarded to a winner of each grade level.
Poster Contest Rules:
- The theme above should be used to promote good decision making, healthy lifestyles, students supporting each other, and/or taking a stand against bullying and drugs.
- Name, Grade, and Teacher's name should be listed on the BACK of the poster ONLY.
- All work should be original work done by ONE student.
- Contest entries should be turned into a School Counselor by Thursday morning, October 26.
- Contest winners for each grade level will be announced and prizes will be awarded on Friday afternoon, October 27th, 2017.
WEEKLY SPIRIT DAYS: Celebrate by participating in our Spirit Week!
Please see the poster for each specific day.