Meet Mrs. Smith
Hi! My name is Carly Smith. This will be my seventh year as the Media Coordinator at Wallburg Elementary School!
I am so excited about working with your students this year in the Media Center. I am a proud product of Wallburg Elementary, and I am very passionate about working with the students here. Throughout this year, your student will participate in a variety of enjoyable and educational reading and technology activities.
***My favorite thing EVER is sharing my love of reading with students while teaching them compassion, love, and empathy for themselves and others in the process. I believe that there is a book for every single person ever, and my mission is to help connect students with books they love AND books they didn't think they would love, but end up obsessing over! #librarywin!**
Professional Background: I graduated from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) in May 2014 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education (K-6). I immediately enrolled in The Graduate School at UNCG the following semester in order to earn my Masters of Library and Information Studies (MLIS) degree. I graduated with my MLIS degree in December 2016! During graduate school, I served as a certified substitute teacher at Wallburg and Friendship Elementary. I often served as a long-term substitute in both the Media Center and the classroom. Throughout this time I also filled two maternity leaves.
I worked as a school library intern at Wallburg during both the Fall 2014 and Fall 2016 semesters, and I absolutely loved my experience! I love working with the Wallburg faculty and staff. It is an amazing community to be a part of, and I am so grateful that I get to work at a school that means so much to me and my family.
More About Me:
I am married to my high school sweetheart, Dylan! We have a son named Sam who we were blessed to welcome into the world in 2021. He is the BEST BEST BEST thing ever, my absolute sweetest little friend, and we love him SO MUCH!
- Children's Book(s): Wonder by R. J. Palacio and Oh, The Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss
- Foods: Veggie fajitas, fresh fruit, and huge salads from Barberitos
- Restaurant: Chick-fil-A. Chick-fil-A. Chick-fil-A....with Barberitos as a close second!
- Candy: M&Ms
- Hobbies: Walking with my family, reading with Sam, being outside, going to the pool, and just being with the ones I love!
- Places to Shop: Target (is there anywhere else?)
- Fun Fact: My husband proposed to me at Wallburg in October 2014. That day, I was interning in the library and working on a major project for graduate school. It was an extremely special day that I'll never EVER forget!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at [email protected], or call the school.
I am available from 7:30-8:10 AM, and 2:30 -3:30 PM.